IDEAS FACTORY 11th Sept. 2017

Although this is not a hundred percent complete projects, but every idea of success and failure have given us more experience.We have collected a lot of information, but in fact, not all the information has played a role, but these pictures and words have always been through our eyes into the mind, to help the future of learning.We have found different materials on the Internet and in the school library. The advantage of the Internet is that it meets our needs more quickly and directly, but in fact books are better, accurate and authoritative.

This week we got 3 words and have done our first project.There are both advantages and disadvantages about group work.Several people cooperate more efficiently than one person, and we can learn from each other different modes of thinking.But this kind of team work is prone to disagreement.We also visited the V&A Museum, which, through the observation of historical relics and designs, to activated our brains.

And we have learned that the most important piece of work is not only the final result, the creative process and it is more important, art is not only a powerful and unconstrained style, requires plenty of logic, this logic after exercise can more easily build their own inspiration and art attitude.

Graphic Communication Design(Poetic Cardboard) 18th Sept. 2017

Today we learned how to do graphic communication, with the first week of experience, we cooperate in the second group cooperation more tacit understanding.At first I always deliberately express with some strange way, but later found that the more concise the form, the more people will have a more profound understanding.

I saw a girl tied up in plastic for almost an hour in order to finish project. That makes me feel doing a good job sometimes requires sacrifice and dedication.

Communication enables people to exchange ideas and opinions with each other. At the same time, different people have different understandings and feelings about the same work

Graphic Communication Design(Lost Letters)19th Sept. 2017

We have done illustrations about printing. We use different letters and numbers to do word associations . A simple shape is endowed with myriad new definitions in different brains . Because of carelessness, I missed the first red print, it makes me feel very remorse and regret . Recently, I haven't done everything well, but I've learned a lot from every failure . A good work should not only have good inspiration, but also need constant investigation and rigorous logic . It's simply the fact that red and black create so many wonderful works, which shows that art really needs endless learning.

Graphic Communication Design(Site Specific Type)21th Sept. 2017

Today, we found our favorite space in campus,then everyone redefines the chosen space . We learned how to brainstorm effectively . I think I have a lot of problems with language at present, so I will continue to work hard because the language barrier leads to the failure to communicate smoothly with the teachers and classmates on the project .When I was looking for the place, I saw the pipe on the ceiling, and then I took pictures and drew its‘ shape . Finally I thought of defining them with "CROOSS VEIN&ARTERY" ,I also found my problem , I did not clearly express the theme of what I think . Alice also made a point about it. The photo didn't show a sense of space .so that people didn't know where the place I chosen came from . I was impressed by the works of a Korean classmate . She chose the sink as her target space and used translucent blue plastic bags as material . She simulated the water with a plastic bag . and placed it in the sink as a form of "SAVE" ,It may seem simple, but it's very brief and very impressive and the material she chose was very suitable . Not only shows the softness of the water, but also the color of the stream.

3 Dimensional Design & Architecture(WEAR IT)25th Sept. 2017

Today, our tutor very seriously introduced us to jewelry, fashion accessories and footwear designs . We know about: fashion accessories can be worn in where? how to wear? fashion accessories can be worn in any position, chin, chest elbow, etc. these accessories might tell some of the story, perhaps symbolizes people's identity. And a good design is not only designed for celebrities and wealthy people, but also design to the public. Whether the conceptual design or practical design, each one has his good points are . In the course, we got three key words "surround", "suspend", "support". Through these three words, we carried out brainstorming and creative associations. from “surround” , I associated “body” ‘’trapped“ ‘’area” etc . by the word “trapped”,I thought about "couldn't escape ","couldn't run" ------then leg accessories comes to my mind .

3 Dimensional Design & Architecture(USE IT)26th Sept. 2017

Chairs are one of the most common furniture in our daily life. For me, pets bring people companionship and dependence, so I choose to design a seat about pet . In fact, many modern people in childhood very insecure, which leads to many people  looking for a warm and safe private corner, so I added a soft shading shed on the chair, people can stretch to rest and trust . Then I used to express the folding fan seat can adjust the height and width of the legs of the chair. down the seat is a cat sleeping hammock, and can be used for the cats to play ball.  

Today we know some product designers and many products, from nineteenth Century to the present. And  the course made me understand, do a good product, not necessarily very expensive. But good products are not only in the form of creative, but also must have the function and practicability.Today is my first contact with product design, perhaps I am not very good at it , but I put a lot of time and effort, through this course, I also have a little bit interesting of product design .

3 Dimensional Design & Architecture(BUILD IT)28th Sept. 2017

“Architecture” is a completely new field for me,it's the first time I did a project that contact with ‘structure'  and 'support' . Today, we built a small "architecture" with sticks, and I found that each of the basic shapes kept expanding the area and space of the building ,and we did all of those with a basically triangle.Today, the process of building design is similar to what I imagined before. Although I do not have a strong passion for architectural design, I think the whole process is still very hot and interesting

FASHION & TEXTILES (Your surrounding)2nd Oct. 2017

In a concrete city we live in ,we are surrounded by a lot of architectures ,our foot on the tile,the stairs help us to the higher place,but we seldom focus on the bearing structure . I got lots of inspiration,although this project is fast-paced . The simple structure of buildings extending out of so many different shapes ,and basic shapes also can be combined and changed . We can use it to print something or combine it with anothor shapes to become a 3D model .So I think I should pay more attention to the details and basics of everything around me .I’m try to find something that connected about structure and body,structure is hard and the body is soft ,but the obvious contrast highlights the features of "structure" and "body" . I think I can also do more in-depth research from the material . For example,what kind of material can fit in the  body,and showing a hard shape, which imitates the strength of the building

FASHION & TEXTILES (Your data)3rd Oct. 2017

Today ,each of us  took five of our personal belongings,and every group put their stuff all together ,then we have drawn a lot of sketches that related to those things . Because there must be numbers of stories behind the objects that people cherish.And those things have various of shapes and colors.In the end we selected some local patterns and painted in the sketches. We continue to extend our ideas through these basic patterns.We drew the patterns we had chosen on the plastic sheet,and done a projection(the projection is made by adding layers of transparent plastic). I think it's very interesting because it can have thousands of combinations and  different visual effects.There are actually some drawbacks in my work,I thought they are not strong enough,so I repeated some patterns that I love.

FASHION & TEXTILES (Your interpretation)5th Oct. 2017

Today we combined what we‘ve learned on Monday and Tuesday ,we still did a lot of sketches,like blind drawing , drawing by another hand. The newest is drawing with music ,this part impressed me very much , because when we follow the music paced to did some sketches,the sketches will be emotional and fantastic . Ultimately we have done a moving image about process of a completely textile. We want to through the dynamic visual effect to show you numerous possibilities during the combination of the basic patterns.

Fine art 9th Oct.2017

In this project we collect our personal items for practice, this is very useful to help us to think how to display items and classification.We arrange these things according to different colors, then we combined the people that likes the same  color,from the collection we found out that color can be a tool to connect people

Then I thought about the collection about words ,because I am very interested in language . Usually ,people will wonder that number of words in different languages can be expressed in one meaning. This type of situation reminds me that how one word can have various pronunciations in different languages,so I tried to choose a Chinese character and collect the similar sounds of voice in different languages.

Fine art 10th Oct. 2017

At first I try to choose a China dialect "烂眼儿 "(Lan Yan Er) as the core vocabulary,this word came from a Chinese hiphop that names “烂眼儿” ,After collecting several sound clips, I found this pronunciation is very difficult to find a similar sounds in other languages , thought for a long time,I changed it into a Mandarin vocabulary“呼吸”(Hu Xi)means “Breathe” . Because this word sounds more common, and this is the most basic movement to maintain life, but also the most primitive link between people.

But after collecting two recordings, I still think the effect is not good, this time I suddenly thought of the first day,we arrange our personal belongings by color ,so why can't I try to put the word and color association together?
I picked out the green from all the colors .Because the pronunciation of green in Chinese is very concise (绿 lv),and green also represents nature and life,It's also like the most primitive relationship between people.

Fine art 12th Oct. 2017

My last work consists of three elements: color, sound,and characters,It's an important part of how to present it,I think video is probably the best way . One character with one type of green and one word of sound recording.Actually, all of my ideas are based on an idiom in China“殊途同归” . The word means "All roads lead to Rome." in English.

Finally, the classmates gave me some feedback, for example, they would be puzzled why I chose “green”.And some people think that the amount of voice collected is not enough, so it's not inspiring enough as well .Some people also think this video can be set to play repeatedly, In this way, people can keep thinking through it.

I think the work is not ideal enough, the drawback is that the work may be a little subjective.And there's a lack of further research and reasons for color choice.

PUBLIC ART 23ed Oct. 2017

Based on the research of public art last week , We chose the details of the sketches  to developed the silhouette and shape.A sculpture can stretch out numerous structures . I found that the combination of each different painting styles and different materials in just one drawing is very strong and exciting . Moreover, different materials can emphasize the different structures and emotions . I really enjoy the process of drawing , which allows me to go deeper into the relationship between shape and body and fabric . In the process of making clothes in the paper, I were not stop thinking of the relationship between shapes, lines,silhouette  and human bodies, this process can be more patience to let me understand what is "profile" . After class, I also went to the fabric shop  where countless different textured fabrics are the most simple colors . There are unexpected textures and prints on  monochrome fabric  . The difference of these fabrics and colorful fabrics , monochrome fabrics are more calm and elegant . And monochrome fabrics more emphasis on the profile of clothes .

PUBLIC ART 24th Oct. 2017

We developed the drawing sketches of first day,I tried to draw a more detailed design, and this process needs to be modified repeatedly.The paper has working on the body that arouse my prediction and imagination  of the fabric .We adapt to how to think about the relationship between shape and material in the process . At the same time, working on paper is also a kind of research for us . The combination of every edges is not as single as imagined . It's possible that there's only one side that has been changed, and it's going to have a completely different shape .Paper has  strong plasticity ,all kinds of style modelling can be created by paper.We use paper to make a model that can not only focus on its shape, but also observe its gaps and hollow out.In the process, I found that making clothes doesn't have to be a fixed "dress" or "coat", but rather to think more about the relationship between shape and human body.

TACTILE STRUCTURES 30th Oct. 2017

We observed a lot of buildings at Barbican centre , used different colors and lines to express those structures . I like to use contrasting colors and bright colors,Because these colors highlight people's extreme personalities and styles .This is the third time that we have extended the shape and the pattern through architecture.,These lectures have given me an update and a deeper understanding of "fashion and textiles" . Creative inspiration actually all around us  . Observation is one of the most important behaviors .At the same time, I also learned to observe the details through a big category . It's also important to consider color matching , because it affects the visual effect of the final pattern . 

TACTILE STRUCTURES 31st Oct. 2017

We use white paper to make various textiles which makes me feel that there are endless possibilities just by folding、pasting etc.even if no color . Each of works is interlocked , Every inspiration comes from the previous work .We tried all kinds of ways to create different textiles . We also made "rope" from different media . This approach is both difficult and simple ,but the first attempt was really interesting . We're shuttling between 2D and 3D ,which makes our thinking more exciting . We got a lot of resources today,Through these elements, good works can be developed from any perspective .

TACTILE STRUCTURES 2nd Nov. 2017

We're back to where we started, and we put final work together with these buildings ,We have developed countless elements, pictures, and fabrics, and finally connected them to the most primitive inspiration, which makes me feel that I should never forget my original heart . There is a very special contrast between rigid buildings and soft fabrics . Everything in the world has a magical connection, but now the society is so impetuous that it is difficult for everyone to think and observe . Logic is also crucial in the work process, and creativity and logical thinking should be complementary . The details of the building became my work, and the textiles became part of the building in the process of taking pictures . .....