Collection: Part 1

Research

Through ice I thought out "dead body">>>“human body”➕“embroider”>>>“body embroidery”   then I found some works of body embroidery from the internet .

ICE 冰

Actually from this word , a frozen cigarette end was the first thing comes to my mind , then I have thought of “wastes” “cold place“ . In recent years ?the south pole has been polluted gradually because of the development tourism . such as steamship oil spills,wastes of the daily use and the human faeces etc.

After brainstormed we still thought of other things about ICE ,like ice cream , water fog (in winter) ,snow man ,ice ball,ice mountain,ice blood(bad guys) etc. 

I found some picture about ice mountain from library of CSM .<WALTER NIEDERMAYR RAUMANEIGNUNGEN __LECH 2015/2016> then I was attracted by the shape of ice mountain.so I did some sketches.

Embroider 刺绣

In China , a small part of women are embroiderer , they deal with  embroidery through the ages . And there are 4 kinds of most famous embroidery in China "Shu embroidery 蜀绣" "Su embroidery 苏绣" "Yue embroidery 粤绣" “Xiang embroidery 湘绣” 

Animism 万物有灵

Animism “1.the belief that plants , objects and natural things such as the weather have a living soul.  2.belief in a power that organizes and controls the universe.”------<OXFORD dictionary>